Aeron Chair’s Size and Customization
The Aeron Chairs sold in the Mass Order are all fully loaded.
Meaning they come with full features which includes the following:
- Height Adjustment.
- Recline Limiter.
- Forward Tilt.
- Tilt tension
- Fully adjustable arms (Height, depth and angle)
The following options or upgrades might be available
- Graphite colour frame or Polished Aluminium frame.
- Posture fit SL or Lumbar pad back support.
- Vinyl or leather arm pads (Leather is only for polished aluminium frame models).
- Hard or standard hard castors.
- Add on fully adjustable headrest from Engineered one(USA).
We do not order the basic models as they don’t have the ergonomic features.
The most commonly ordered upgrades are the hard castors and headrest addon.
The information below is for the Remastered Aerons only. The classic version may have slight differences.
Graphite frame or Polished Aluminium Frame
It’s more for aesthetics, there’s no functional difference between the two frames.
Posturefit SL or Lumbar Pad back support
Both are back supports that work differently.
The posturefit SL has two pads that provide support to the sacrum and lumbar region, and its depth is can be adjusted to fit the curve of the spine.
The lumbar pad only supports the lumbar and is height adjustable, however, the position of the support tend to slip.
For the mass order, we only have the posturefit SL available for its preferred support.
Vinyl or leather arm pads
The leather arm pads are only available for models with the polished aluminium frame.
Hard or BB Carpet Casters
Casters are the wheels of the chairs.
Standard BB casters are for carpet , they are very hard wheels with no additional coating.
Hard floor casters are with a softer polyurethane coating on the wheels which increase the amount of traction, to keep the chair from gliding away easily. The coating also reduces noises during rolling and reduce the chance of scratching hard floor.
The hard casters that we have are German-made from the same OEM factory as the original that are more durable and more stable in its quality. It can be used on carpet too. They come with rollaway resistance, a subtle braking system that keeps your chair from rolling too far away when not in use. They are also with the latest noiseless roll technology, which greatly reduces the amount of sound from vibration when rolling.
It is important for the user to keep the casters away from aggressive liquid detergent and keep the wheels from direct sunlight. The habit of stepping on the wheels may result in disintegration. Do note that hard casters breaking down within 5 years due to poor compatibility with the flooring, will be replaced with standard BB casters.
3rd party fully adjustable head rest from Engineered One(USA).
Many users requested for a headrest to lean back for taking naps, or simply to rest their head .
The Engineered Now Aeron Headrest is the missing piece that gives the Aeron chair the additional support, all the way to the neck
This is the most frequently requested upgrade.
They’re only a few makers for headrest in the market. A few trials had been made and the best headrest comes from the company call Engineered Now from the USA which has a fully adjustable design to fit all users.
- Patented design for full adjustment with better manoeuvrability. Height, Depth & Tilt Control
- Angles can be tilted to any degrees.
- Synchronized angling when the user tilts
- Flexibility in extending to both height and depth.
- Able to lock positions for most joints. (Many other makers have a problem with locking in the depth and getting out of position).
- Mesh design – No entrapment of body heat causing discomfort.
- Better flexibility on the mesh to facilitate contouring.
There are two versions.
HR04 is 20% larger and can be adjusted taller
We do have headrest for the classic Aerons as well.
The main advantage of the engineered one headrest is the adjustability and its breathable material.
It empties every gap from your entire spine up to your neck developing the perfect support.
To support the head well, the right place to support is the neck. Else if the headrest pushes the head, it will lead to the forward head posture
As it’s adjustable, you can tune the right angle to fit the position of your neck, as well as how much support is necessary.
It fits so snugly until you can’t move much out from your correct posture.
We highly recommend this upgrade above all the other upgrades.
Price of the headrest will be discounted it’s sold with a chair together. The HR03 and HR04 are designed for the Aeron chair and cannot fit the embody chair or other series
Original version versus remastered version of Aeron Chair.
The original classic version had been around since 1994, created by designers Bill Stumpf and Don Chadwick. Bill Stumpf was working with specialists in orthopaedic and vascular medicine and had conducted extensive research into ergonomics, specifically in the way people sit. Unfortunately, Bill Stumpf deceased in 2006.
In 2016, a remastered version was released by the original designer Don Chadwick. After 2 decades, the classic design was overdue for an update. It combines all the new found technology and techniques to improve the quality of the chair in almost every way. As well as to correct the defects or issues found in the classic model.
The features and functionality of the remastered Aeron chair remain the same with the following changes.
- The gearbox has a new design, knobs are shifted to the front.
- Tilt movement is more fluid and bouncy, reducing stress on the back.
- The pellicle fabric had been changed to have a softer and more comfortable feel. This is quite a remarkable improvement over the classic.
- The posture fit has a change in the way it supports, it is longer and supports along the spine on both the sacrum and lumbar region, this gives you a more natural curve compare to the old design that only supports the lumbar region.
- The base of the chair is now made of a very hard plastic that is the same as the frame of the chair. It makes the chair a lot lighter and easier to shift around, which makes movement easier. Active movement is important to keep blood circulating and it promotes better metabolism and blood flow to the spinal region. Weight limit for the chair remains the same.
- The new fully adjustable arms have more adjustability. The user can now adjust its angle, height and depth.
All in all, the remastered Aeron is an improved design which increases the comfort level of the user with much better support.
Here are the size charts.
It will be more appropriate to get the right size base on the chart than testing.
In the event the given weight and height have two possible sizing, users are encouraged to read the chart and decide which size it’s closer to.
Do note that if the chair is too big, the user will lose the dexterity of tilting the chair. As the user do not have the weight and height to angulate and pivot the tilting mechanism.